Home services businesses are evolving continuously and undergoing a paradigm shift from traditional markets to on-demand services app. But, why? What is responsible for pushing consumers towards easier and faster methods of home services?
- 1 Inception of Uber-like Apps for Home Services
Inception of Uber-like Apps for Home Services
Most corporate workers struggle with time. Making them juggle between their jobs and essential household chores smoothly. And if you observe closely, cleaning and maintenance jobs like plumbing, beauty services, laundry care, and such similar activities can turn into tedious repetitive tasks without help from service providers. Now, here is where businesses and entrepreneurs can jump in.
Businesses need to ideate and offer ways to simplify the task of home services for today’s over-occupied generation.
Based on a survey conducted in the US by Burson-Marsteller’s on the on-demand economy- around 86.5 million Americans or 42 % of Americans are already riding the wave of on-demand services.
It is right to assume that the urban population can gain a good amount of assistance because of uber-like home services. While customers are willing to spend ample money on on-demand uber-like apps. And in return, home-service booking apps can offer professional services on-demand.
The symbiotic customer and service provider relation, is recently showing an upward spiral in the app development industry and its high time home service industries completely hone upon this opportunity and transition their market base to app-based convenient stores.
Why is the Uber Revolution Growing in the 40-hour Working Population?
On-demand home services apps are breaking the routine and creating a new ecosystem for customers and home service providers. Increased convenience and reduced hours are two significant factors that speak for the success of this concept.
According to a survey conducted by Intuit, 70 % of consumers using on-demand services apps are satisfied with the tasks, and 81% of the users plan to shake hands with the same provider for the upcoming year. Now, that’s enough stats to prove the satisfaction level experienced by the urban population.
But, Are companies ready to take advantage of the on-demand economy?
The transition from traditional offline markets to on-demand uber like service is a huge opportunity to explore and is more critical than before. Let’s put it this way- the online home services market is booming in all directions, and there is no obstacle on the road.
Matter of fact, consumers highly appreciate the efficiency in jobs like home maintenance services, cleaning services, beauty care, laundry care, and many such services. Unless businesses can bridge the gap between consumers and service providers, users will barely remain loyal to the same service provider or business for many years. It’s time companies offer services and satisfactory user experience through instant online services that require only a few clicks to reach the best help for household chores.
Uber-like Apps Bring Convenience to the Doorstep
Before you jump to the conclusion that all on-demand home services apps are successful, it is imperative to distinguish the desired features of consumers and understand the potential value addition to their daily routine.
Let’s begin with throwing some light on – Why do customers seek on-demand services apps?
- Users want every service and information under a single umbrella.
- Services and processes that save time, energy, and money are most desirable in today’s fast-paced life.
- Offering trustworthy and dependable service is possible when providers are vetted thoroughly.
- Transparency of jobs and feedback is a must to take advantage of online services.
Based on the above user requirements, businesses can easily design an app with the solicited features and functionalities for customers.
Desired Features in an Uber for Home Service App
- Delivery time – One factor that helps a consumer-centric business to stand out is fast delivery time. And in the home services app, the competition starts with this parameter.
- Meeting budget expectations– Businesses need to offer service cost estimation to users and help them in making calculative decisions.
- Ease of use – Simple attributes like filters, secure login, booking process, scheduling, and a straightforward registration process can bring ease of use to the consumer’s table.
- Customer rating & reviews– One massive difference between traditional markets and on-demand mobile apps is continuous feedback and review of the service providers.
- Reliable payment integration– Unless businesses take precautions on the payment integrations and flexibility offered, the payment process can be tricky and insecure for consumers.
- Discounts and offers– It is hard to survive the competition in the Home services app unless businesses are open to aggressive discounts and offers for users. And, loyalty points are equally important to retain customers.
- Tracking and Dashboarding– Technological advances like geolocation and routing offer customers more transparency into their services and provide a 360-degree view into their service and delivery time.
- Customization– Every requirement placed by a user is unique and indispensable, which means the floor should be open for practical, tailored requirements.
- User behavior tracking– Another way to win and retain consumers is by promoting services and recommendations based on their past experience and action within the app.
- Grievance counter– Without options like in-app chat and 24*7 customer support, users are bound to feel insecure and run away from fair players in the home service app industry.
Benefits for Businesses and Service Providers
It is essential to note that the on-demand home services app is a WIN-WIN situation for both businesses and consumers. Let’s broadly identify a few fruits, enjoyed by entrepreneurs, startups, and existing businesses in the on-demand economy.
- High demand – Indeed, the market in the app-based service industry is booming, and businesses should take advantage of this scenario by making use of the available app -savvy user base.
- Attract target audience– To sum up the game plan for app-based businesses- the target audience is available and ready to welcome more on-demand uber-like apps with open arms.
- Attract investors– A Large number of startups and entrepreneurs running their businesses via mobile-based apps attract the attention of angel investors faster than we know. Only the names of the top-notch players in the app industry like Airbnb and Uber are enough to reason that investors do give an edge to app-based businesses.
- Size of the business does not matter– Another significant advantage of promoting an app-based business is that your company’s size is irrelevant. Even if you are a small or mid-sized company, the opportunity to create a feature-rich on-demand app is possible with limited hurdles. Moreover, it is the unlimited access to the target audience that any sized company can utilize through app-based business.
- Cost-effective ways for startups – Apps are not only portrayed as a potential ground to start a business but also categorized as a cost-effective way to reach, promote, and serve users.
If you are a newbie in the on-demand economy, then there is no room and time to think twice. Now is the time for entrepreneurs to grab the opportunity with both hands. Uber-like apps are the future and will go a long way.