The NTR Housing Scheme was launched in 2016 by the Government of Andhra Pradesh to provide affordable housing options to economically weaker sections of the society. This AP housing scheme falls under PMAY and serves the same objective of ‘housing for all.’
Applicants who already own a pucca house can also avail affordable options for reconstruction of their property under this scheme.
Lending institutions like NBFCs offer comparatively low home loan interest rate to eligible applicants of the NTR housing scheme. Below given is everything you need to know about this scheme.
NTR Housing Scheme – property value
Under this scheme, the value of homes is estimated based on the following unit areas –
- A house of 430 sq. ft. will cost an applicant approx. Rs. 7.71 Lakh.
- For a house of 365 sq. ft., it will cost approx. Rs. 6.74 Lakhs.
- A house of 300 sq. ft. will cost beneficiaries a sum of Rs. 5.62 Lakh approximately.
Additionally, houses under this scheme will be equipped with the following star-rated appliances which are eco-friendly and energy-efficient –
- 9W LED bulb
- 20W LED tube light
- 50W fan
- LED streetlights in nearby areas
Loan benefits under this scheme
The scheme brings financial support by providing affordable home loans to the urban and rural poor. Under this scheme, applicants can enjoy following benefits –
- Beneficiaries of the NTR Urban Scheme can avail a subsidy of up to Rs. 2.5 Lakh.
- For beneficiaries of the NTR Rural Scheme, a subsidy of up to Rs. 1.5 Lakh is available.
- Applicants belonging to SC and ST category can avail an additional subsidy of up to Rs. 50,000.
Know that the scheme’s working is similar to how a credit-linked subsidy scheme works.
What are the eligibility criteria to avail this scheme?
Applicants can avail the NTR Housing scheme if they meet the below-listed criteria –
- The applicant has to be a resident of Andhra Pradesh.
- He/she must possess a Below Poverty Line (BPL) Card or a White Ration Card.
- Candidates must not own a pucca house under any other government scheme.
Documents required for the scheme –
Borrowers who apply for this scheme are required to submit the following documents –
- Documents for a permanent and present residential address.
- For identification proof, it is mandatory to provide their Aadhaar Card detail or other valid government ID.
- Documents regarding annual income along with family income, number of family members and their age.
How to apply for the scheme online?
You can apply for the NTR housing scheme by following the steps mentioned below –
Step 1: Visit the official website of PMAY housing scheme.
Step 2: Enter your credentials to log in to the page.
Step 3: Click on the ‘Citizen Assessment’ option.
Step 4: The options ‘for slum dwellers’ and ‘benefits under the other three components’ will appear on the page. Select the option which applies to you.
Step 5: Enter your Aadhaar details in the given field.
Step 6: After the verification process, go to the application page.
Step 7: Fill up the form by providing your details.
Step 8: Click on the ‘Save’ button.
Once you save the form, your application will be processed for verification. You will receive a confirmation via email or post if you are found eligible for the housing loan.
So, if you are looking to avail an affordable housing loan in Nellore, you can apply for the housing scheme. Make sure you have the necessary documents and fulfil the eligibility criteria to apply for this government housing scheme.