A dental implant is one of the many options you have to replace a bad tooth or if you have a missing tooth are searching for a suitable solution. This type of treatment includes surgically implanting a titanium post into the jaw bone beneath the gum line.
Once this root of the tooth is in place, a dentist can mount a replacement tooth or create a bridge to fill the gap. There are several alternatives to fix the problem of a missing tooth; this includes bridges, removable partial denture, resin-bonded bridge, full denture, etc.
This article provides several essential facts about implants that one should be aware of before opting for it. It also lists several benefits of opting for dental implants. It is a must-read for those searching for the best dental implants in Houston.
Facts of dental implants
A large number of people take advantage of dental implant treatment but, not everyone is aware of all the options available to them and the facts about a dental implant that can help you make the right decision.
Also Read Best Activities To Keep You Healthy
Here are several essential facts:
- Dentures and bridges once mounted to the implants are not likely to shift or slip no matter what activity you are involved like eating, speaking, etc.
- This is one of the best options for artificial teeth since implants are fused into a jawbone and are very stable.
- It appears very natural and is hard for other people to identify as a false tooth.
- The fact that dental implants do not require any adjacent teeth or additional preparation for the new tooth to be replaced is highly beneficial. The main reason being ordinary bridges need other teeth as support and many others are either not comfortable or create sore spots.
- There are mainly two types of dental implants like endosteal implants and subperiosteal implants.
- This looks very much like a healthy tooth, and there is no gap, either unlike other types of treatments where this can be an issue.
- For dental implant surgery to be successful, it is essential to have strong bones to ensure the implants made are sturdy.
- Besides providing a natural look, they are also a comfortable fit.
- They are incredibly long-lasting and highly reliable, as well.
- This is the best option for someone with a missing tooth that is distorting their face. It helps improve facial features and bone structure too.
- The success rate of a dental implant procedure is usually very high, but it does depend on the health of an individual.
- They are sturdy, almost as strong as natural teeth.
- There is not a lot that can go wrong with dental implant surgery which is one of the reasons it is considered a predictable surgery. The rate of success is very high with this type of procedure.
- One of the issues with implants is cavities which tend to weaken the teeth, but this is not the case with dental implants.
- The dental implants market size exceeded $3 billion in the year 2018.
- This market is expected to grow at 5% CAGR in the period between 2019 and 2025.
- It is estimated that the dental market in 2024 will be USD 5.2 Billion
- Market share of the USA in 2017 was $1.1 Billion while that of Canada was $84 Million and Germany $289.6 Million.