A resume is a document that contains a summary of your work experience, education, skills, and achievements.
It is a part of a job application letter and is considered essential information which is required by an employer to know whether the employee is suitable for the job or not.
And tells that whether the employee is suitable to take the interview or not.
Resume writing play a very important role at the time of the job. This the first and foremost document required by an employer to recruit the employee.
Pre-Requisites of Resumes –
- Contact information: name, address, phone number and email address of the person who needs the job. (these all the information must be correct and up to date).
- Career Objective or Summary of Qualifications: if you are the fresher than you should mention your own career objective. Your career objective should not more than 3 or 4 lines and it is not copied from others you have your own and unique career objective. And if you are an experienced person then you should write about the summary of your own experience from the job.
- Other information: write about the skills you have to write in detail about the soft skills and technical skills. Mention about the awards and achievements you got. Any other diploma courses if you have done it.
- Academic Qualifications: mention your academic qualifications. First, write about the recent qualification that you have completed. For example, if you currently completed your post-graduation that you should first write about your post-graduation then graduation after that your secondary and primary education.
Importance of Resume
- A resume is needed by the organization where you are applying for the job. Your resume should not more than 2 pages it should be concise and attractive that attracts the reader and hold the reader to read it fully. Resume should be written in such a way that it catches the readers mind.
- A resume is considered as a tool for marketing or selling yourself. It outlines everything about you, your skills, your background, your education, etc.
- The purpose of resumes is to land you an interview. If employers like your resume and that matches their requirements, they’ll contact you to schedule an interview.
- During the interview, they’ll evaluate how well your skills match the job requirements, and you are fit for the job or not so we can say that resumes are the way through which you get an opportunity of an interview.
Tips to Write the Resume
- Include the keywords – read the job description of the job for which you are applying and mark the keywords that show what the employer is looking for. Include these keywords in your resumes.
- Make your resume simple – make your resume simple and short. It is easily understandable. It should be not more than 2 pages. Resumes should be concise & straightforward. It should be written in a professional way and the font which you are using should be understandable. And easy to read it should be eye-catching.
- Use of numbers and bullets – instead of using paragraphs write your points using bullets. Reading in paragraphs creates boredom so it’s better to write in bullet points and the use of numbers in a resume is a must. It will more eye-catching.
- Exclude your personal information – do not include your personal details like (single/married). Do not write the date of birth unless it is needed, do not write your personal Gmail account use your professional account. Do not use your photo or image in the resumes. In abroad these are usually not recommended.
- Plagiarism Free – the resume should be unique it should not be copied from others the interviewer can easily understand that the resume is copied or written solely on your own.
- References– It’s always good to write two to three references in your resume. The person whose name is written in the resume you should take permission and write their contact details also Otherwise, write this line “References available on request”.
I have seen many times that students those study abroad are using these tips to write their resumes.
Students study from abroad are more advance from us and most of them write their resume using these tips. Their resumes are more powerful than us.
I have seen the resumes of some MBBS students from abroad their resumes are highly considerable. They write the resume in such a good way that attracts anyone. Their resumes are so eye-catching.
There are basically three types of resumes formats. You can choose the resume according to your job you are applying for. This designs your first impression this captures the attention of the HR manager or recruiter.
3 types of Resume Formats –
• Chronological: this is a Classic format that lists your work experience in order, starting with the most recent. It was used in the early time
Example format of chronological resume
• Functional: this Emphasizes on qualifications and accomplishments instead of specific jobs, but this isn’t recommended because it doesn’t recommend the job it focuses on the qualifications
Example format of functional resume
• Hybrid: this is a Modern format where skills are highlighted and go at the top before a detailed work history. This is the best format and the combination of the above two. This highlighted the skills which are needed by the employer.
Example format of hybrid resumes.
This is the format of the resume used by the MBBS student from abroad.
Format of the resumes
You can use the resumes format online. Now it is very easy to use the resumes format. You can choose the format of your choice and create your own resumes very easily. Use the best template for your resume or job application letter which is simple and easy.
Read the resume very carefully before forwarding it to someone. A mistake in the resume creates a negative impact on you. So it is better to read it carefully before forwarding.