A resume is the 2 or 3-page form written document that summaries all about the job seeker. It tells about your work experience, education, skills, and achievements.
It is required at the time of the job and thus it is the part of the job application letter, it considered the vital information which should be known by the employer or the hiring manager.
This is important for the hiring managers so it should find out that the applicant is suitable for the job or not. This is helpful in screen out the applicant for the job.
A well-organized resume will make an applicant apply for the job on the other hand poor resume will be lost in the bundles of applicants. So the information in the resume should be in order. It starts with the name and ends with your signature.
Guidelines for resume
- Length of the resume: it should not be long it must be concise in length, 2 pages are enough for the resume.
- Fonts and size: the font should be that one which is readable by everyone. And size should be like that heading should be broader than the body. The headings should be highlighted. And it should be bold also.
- Layout: it is up to you that which layout you will choose to make your resume weighted.
The resume should be of the same size the same margin should be left on all sides. The font for the resume should be the same and it should look good In view. The font should be understood by everyone.
See also 8 Useful IELTS Reading Resources
Points to be cover in resume
- Personal information – name, address, email address, phone number. All the information should be correct and up to date. The information must be true so that the person can contact you at any time.
- Career Objective – if you are a fresher that you must write your career objective in short sentence of two or more line the objective should not be copied from other because two people don’t have the same career objective so it should be unique. And if you are experiencing holder than career objective is no much important you have to write a summary about your experience from the job. What you have learned from the job should be mentioned.
- Qualification –your academic qualification should be mentioned after the career objective and the recent qualification should be mentioned first. Write everything about your academic qualification(college, board, university & percentage)
- Work Experience – if you have an experience that you should mention it in the resume the recent experience should e mentioned above. It includes the job title, name, and location of the organization, and dates of start and end. this should also include by responsibilities of the earlier job
- Additional Information – in this heading you should write about your skills your achievements, a conference attended your interest and about your certifications. This should also include the known language and computer language. And hobbies and interests should be added in the additional information. Write briefly about the skills which you have.
- References. It’s always good to write two to three references in your resume. The whole name is written in the resume you should take permission and write their contact details also Otherwise, write this line “References available on request”.
- For numerous reasons resume is used, it has been seen that these kinds of resume application letters are widely used by the students who want to pursue MBBS in China.
Do’s and Don’ts of resume
- Update your resume with recent knowledge – resume should be edited with recent knowledge, an experience which you have gained.
- Highlight your tech skills – always highlight the technologies and software skills.
- Highlight your achievements – your achievements an award should be highlighted. If your achievements are important to this job than that should be in bold so that it should catch the eye of the reader.
- Give contact details about your reference – so that if the job giver what to talk to reference than reference should be available.
- Determine the objective and objective should be unique and yours only it should not be copied from others.
- Proofreads your work.
- Don’t misrepresent your resume whatever you write in your resume it should be correct and up to date. You should be honest while preparing your resume.
- Don’t get too personal to get your personal and professional life apart. Write whatever required in the resume doesn’t get too personal.
- Don’t copy others objective because two people don’t have the same career objective. Write your own career objective.
- Don’t use the fonts for the format which is not understood by others.
- Use your company phone number or email address don’t use your personal email addresses.
- The information should not be in a paragraph.
The main aim of the summary is to trap the reader and encourage them to keep reading.