A common problem that has become a part of every household is ‘diabetes’. The scientific name of the disease is ‘diabetes mellitus’ and in most cases, it is found to be genetic, thus people get it due to their parents. In other cases, we procure it on our own.
Diabetes mellitus is a disorder that occurs when the body is unable to use up the food that you consume from time to time. Diabetes affects your body due to the following factors-
- Insulin is a natural hormone that is secreted by the pancreas. The beta cells that are present inside the pancreas are responsible for the secretion process. Insulin helps to utilize all the sugar in the body to breakdown as energy. When there is a secretion of low insulin, you may suffer from diabetes.
- There is a condition of insulin resistance in the body which occurs due to a disruption in the natural process of insulin secretion. Therefore, the condition occurs when the insulin does not work in a way in which it should.
In this article, we will consider some of the most salutary remedies to battle diabetes. You can start with the ayurvedic medicine for diabetes available online on Nirogram.
Remedies for diabetes
Take a look at the following remedies that are easy and work great if you are suffering from diabetes.
Tulsi or the holy basil leaves contain some of the most powerful ingredients such as eugenol, methyl eugenol, and caryophyllene. All three of these ingredients impact the pancreas positively and thus regulate the secretion of insulin.
Beta cells are responsible for the entire process of the secretion of insulin. Now these ingredients all help in the stimulation of the beta cells and so insulin is secreted in the correct amount. As a result, there is an improvement in the levels of both Type I as well as Type II diabetes.
Also see How to whiten your teeth naturally?
How to consume:
- You can consume the basil stems, seeds, and the oil too
- You can make some refreshing tulsi tea and add lemon and ginger to it.
#Amla or Indian gooseberry
The Indian gooseberry looks like small peaches and grows abundantly everywhere. Amla or Indian gooseberries are great sources of Vitamin C and contain a lot of antioxidant properties.
Consuming gooseberry juice can improve the condition of your pancreas where insulin secretion occurs. According to Ayurveda, gooseberries are one of the best foods to combat diabetes.
How to consume:
Gooseberry can be consumed in multiple ways. You can either have it whole or pickle it. Also, you can consume gooseberry powder or simply drink a glass of gooseberry juice every day.
#Neelabadari or bilberry leaves
Almost like the last ingredient gooseberry, bilberry is a crucial remedy to keep diabetes under control. Bilberry or neelabadari does not work directly on insulin production or the pancreas. However, it indirectly affects the whole hormonal secretion process.
The leaves of bilberry contain anthocyanidin and it stimulates insulin secretion. Bilberry leaves further help to break down the sugars in the body and also aids in its utilization process. The whole function reduces the symptoms of diabetes.
How to consume:
- Add some bilberry leaves to your regular bowl of salad
- Drink a glass of bilberry juice regularly
- You can also consume whole bilberries to ensure correct levels of glucose in the blood.
There is a mention of bitter gourd in all the books of Ayurveda. Bitter gourd or karela, as per the Ayurvedic Indian name, tastes bitter and may not be your favorite vegetable. However, bitter gourd is like a magic remedy that can fight diabetes well. Remember, how your grandma used to push you to have bitter vegetables? Now you know exactly why.
Bitter vegetables, such as bitter gourd can keep a good check on the level of glucose in your body. It helps in the assimilation process of glucose in your body.
How to consume:
- Make a bitter gourd dish such as a curry by adding some other fragrant spices in it.
- You can even make bitter gourd juice if you think you can bear the taste of it for your health.
Guava contains rich portions of Vitamin C and is also a good source of fiber. According to the books of Ayurveda, guava is one of the best fruits that help to reduce the symptoms of diabetes. There is more than 1 way in which you can consume guavas. They are-
- Cut guava in slices or pieces and add to your favorite fruit salad. However, it is better that you do not eat the peels of guava along with the fruit.
- Guava juice is a good way to absorb the goodness of the fruit too.
Now you are well aware of some of the simplest remedies to prevent diabetes. So, do not waste any more time and shift to a healthier diet today.